I admire Miles Davis, i admire Stravinsky; but i loved Chet Baker and Scriabin...You?

What we listen to we cannot trace always a border between cold or cool admiration and heart wrenching love at first sight....

I admire Bach without limit but i love also him dearly....Here admiration and love are one....

The first time li listen to Chet Baker i was not even sure if it was a great trumpetist, but i love him without knowing why....

More i listen to Miles Davis more i admire him but i still wait for love to come....I like it a lot but it is not love and i know the first time i listen to him why he is a great trumpetist, unlike Chet, his mastering of the instrument was evident.... For Chet i listen not the trumpet but the voice of his instrument, i even forgot he was playing the trumpet and the question if he was great was secondary....Miles was great without any doubts.... But i am in love with Chet because he touch my heart.....

Sometimes the frontier between these 2 are less clear, i admire Brahms but i like him more than i love him.... Bruckner i admire him like a new Bach and i love him like our old grandpa with a feeling that will never end....

I admire Monteverdi at the level of my admiration for Bach, but i like him only , it is not this passionnate love that changes my heart and life like with those i love...

I love Bill Evans dearly but i admire Keith Jarrett greatly but without any passion....

I admire and love Vivaldi at the same times.....

I admire Telemann, Haendel, Haydn more than i love them..... I am in love with Purcell tough and Josquin Desprez.....

I admire Hildegard the Bingen and i love her without words.... I am in love with the organ composer Pachelbel but i only admire Palestrina....

I admire Arvo Part very much, but am i in love? No....Excep perhaps for one or 2 of his work: Alina for example....I admire and love Gorecki symphony of tears but not much the rest....Only respect for the rest of his works....

I admire Arrau, Horowitz, many pianists but am i in love? No, but i am in total love with Ervin Nyiregyházi , Ivan Moravec, or Sofronitsky....

I admire the composer Sorabji almost like Bach but dont feel any love at all....Deep fascination and admiration for a genius  that never speak from the heart to the heart, only from his brain to my brain.... But what a genius ! 

I admire many, many, female singers, but i am in love with only a few, i love Billie Holiday, Marianne Anderson for example....

I will not go on with my list any longer...

But what speak to our heart and what speak to our brain is not the same and sometimes some music speak for us to the 2 part of ourselves...

But one thing must me clear, i dont want to live without the great musicians whom i only admire. I like them like interesting friends, even if i am not changed by love at first sight with them, swimming in the sea of adoration....

What are those you admire but only like ? What are those you clearly are in love with?

When the brain speak first and always, it is admiration and friendship not love.... In love there is a mystery in with we participate and which transform our life....

Those who we admire gives us pleasure.... Those who we love gives us not only that but an ultimate meaning that go to your heart.....

Listening music is learning to listen into the many levels in us where music can reach and transform us.... Each music or musician has this potential to change us at a level or at another one, or at all levels simultaneously....But for sure it is different for each of us......

I apologize if my OP makes no sense for some.... I hope my question will make sense for some....

Thanks......

128x128mahgister
No problem for my face ....😁

But comparison of my system to yours will be unfair...

My audio system is under 500 hundred dollars of cost, but greatly enhanced by my own homemade creation i called mechanical, electrical and acoustical embeddings controls, and probably your system is more refine technically than mine and costlier...

Then my S.Q. even lower in qualities than your own, may produce a "shock" in you.... SO good for peanuts? Yes.....

😊

More seriously i think that the history of music is a soul cryptography that can be deciphered by our own soul but with listening attentive experiments on ourself....

I am fond of these experiments and i like to investigate my choices to contemplate their deep unknown motivation in me....

This is the reason for my thread...

I wish you the best there is.... You are always welcome....

P.S. i was not a university professor, but i worked at the library, counselling prof. or students about books on all subjects... I know a little bits on all subjects or can learn very swiftly.... 😁

«What is the difference between numbers ,music and philosophy? None, no difference can rip them apart... All is geometrical poetry in action» -Anonymus Smith

«What is geometrical poetry? Only chain of exact metaphors»-Anonymus Smith

«I always mixed or confused Euclid with Shakespeare, i must have been wise all these times without even knowing it»-Groucho Marx
... I hope with my face  either 😅

I don't know exactly how much my audio system costs but I am convinced and have always been convinced that more expensive things are not necessarily better, in particular, in audio stuff. If I would have your abilities, perhaps I could have also less costly system. Until recently I used to have mostly used and demo stuff and I think this is a good way to search for an optimal setup (in general, I hate to do unnecessary expenses). Just as an example, in the main system I have Thiel CS6 speakers which I bought used, it wasn't expensive at all - both coaxes were damaged. At that time Thiel still existed.  Rob Gillum, a very nice technician from Thiel (now he deals with repairs directly) has rebuilt it. He did an excellent job, these speakers sound wonderful since then. i am convinced that it would be difficult to find better ones ( for my taste) even if I spend 10 times more than I have spent on them. 

I think that the numbers and music have in common that they are both the means of expression of our thoughts and feelings. 
Thanks I know them already....The sonatas of Feinberg are underestmated they are great works of piano and one of my very loved piano works...

But others who read this thread may try them if they dont know them....

welcome and come back with your choices in a more detailed way..... 😊