Hypex Ncore NC400

Really enjoying these, wondering about other's experiences.

Also, has anyone heard bridged NC400s?
nsirkin

Showing 4 responses by dan92075

not necessarily - the Spectron for example is a whole level better as a monoblock in bridged mode - - myself as well as many other users can attest to that. Spectron has plenty of power for most speakers so its not a power issue. Spectron claims cancellation of distortion products is the reason

Since the Ncore already has such low claimed distortion perhaps it would not have such benefits from bridged?

In any case, I would definitely be curious to hear from someone who tries it. . .
Simon,

I see the specs in stereo mode but I could not find any specs in monoblock mode for the Spectron.

Since you claim distortion reduction (and indeed as I have said I have heard the improvement) I am curious what are the THD or IMD values in monoblock mode?

Dan
Nsirkin,

Any comparisons of the nc1200 modules with your nc400s?

I assume that the nc1200s are a commercial brand, and if so do you mind sharing which one?
Nsirkin,

Thats great - I'll sure bet you are excited about the Veritas amps!

FYI, there was a bunch of discussion recently over on audiocircle and the few lucky owners of NC1200 amps (basically either the Merrill or the Atsah) are all reporting they sound much better than the NC400.

Interesting to see if that will be your impression too!