Hypex Ncore 1200

Wanted to solicit opinions from users and make a few comments, I realize not many OEM options at the moment (Merrill, Atsah, Mola).

Seems to me much less buzz surrounding these than I would expect to find with a quick search, now having owned them. Ncore 400 having a ton on it in the DIY community

Here is my quick take: My head tells me this particular module with accompanying SMPS is a big time game changer and I would be wiling to bet will get credit in due time for creating the beginning of the end to classic SS design, at least for high power applications. I would go so far as to say it is a whole new class sonically, nothing out there with this combination of sonic attributes, at least that I have heard. To my ears this combination is superior to anything I have heard or owned so far. As we all know that part of the equation importantly is to each his own as it should be. For me personally however, I now can easily see high power SS designs being in significant jeopardy.

Any other impressions out there because what I am hearing has me pretty much stunned. Would prefer to hear from owners and system details.

For the record I am not a fan of class D having bad experiences at least with the early ICE based amps which I found to be horrible sounding. Over the years I have owned many of the "best' SS and tube designs on the higher side of the power spectrum, the usual suspects.
petland

Showing 1 response by nsirkin

I bought Merrill Audio Veritas amps after building NC400s. They drive the MBL speakers (81dB) like nothing I've heard.

Do you own NC1200 amps? What speakers?