Hyperion HPS 968 or Coincident Total Victory IV

I recently purchased a Consonance Cyber 211 monoblocks , they are 16 watts. I'm now close to purchasing a pair of Coincident total Victory IV's or Hyperion 968's . The reviews are positive for both speakers. The cost of the 968's is less then the victory's but I have read about QC issues.
I would like to get some comments from someone that has listened to each speaker or has had problems with the 968's.
My room is 11.5 ft wide x 18 ft long x 7.3 ft ceilings. The speakers would be placed along the short wall.
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Abill
abill

Showing 4 responses by dave_b

Why 16 watts? Why those two speakers? For a music lover, far more interesting and capable speakers/amp combo's can be had for probably less money. What's your budget and expectations for your system?
16 watts is still 16 watts no matter what planet your from. The speaker dips to 3.8 ohms and requires a min of 50/ch per spec. Small room, chamber works and a tendency to play music softly will help of course. I recall visiting a residence with Avalons and a whole lot of expensive equipment where the owner played his system about as loud as my AM radio...plus, it had more hum than a million kilowatt sub station! It was an interesting glimpse into the mind of some audiophiles. No matter what, certain people are just determined to like less than ideally matched/applied gear:O ) Playing anything full scale at concert level requires balls, er.. I mean watts. If you 'aint got 'em then ya makes do with what ya got. If you have a choice however, choose more power...despite the SET myths and legends that have propagated about the high end community, you can find great sounding amplification without the limitations:O)
Everyone has different listening preferences for sure. Reviews can be more than suspect based on actual experience with gear reviewed. I can understand you. I like to hear at home , what I hear in the hall and SET don't do it for me:O)
Come to think of it, I am currently running my Krell 400xi into my MG3.6R's and have never had such a dynamic, coherent, natural and dimensional sound. The little Krell loves the load and barely get's warm at full sustained concert level playback. The funny thing is that it sounds better and more "tube like" if you will (dead on accurate tone) than my previous high powered $15K plus monoblock amps from Krell, Macintosh, levinson etc... In my own way, maybe I'm experience a similiar effect to SET's vs Mega tube amps being my integrated sounds better than the larger amps. Over the years, the simpler systems seemed to always sound more natural and musical:O)