Hybrid SACD are they compatible w/non SACD playe

OK this might be a far reach but.. I have seen that Audio Fidelity has been issuing Hybrid SACD discs and I was wondering if they will play and provide more resloution and benefits with a NON SACD deck? I have an ARC CD 3 MK 2 and was wondering if they would be compatible or not as I know that ARC says that the CD 5 is able to do so also and if so would it provide enhanced benefits? Also has anyone done so and can you tell me your opinion of the sound and difference?
Thanks for helping in advance.
rsjm80

Showing 1 response by zd542

The Hybrid SACD's are 2 layers. One for CD and the other SACD. Playing it in your ARC will access the CD layer. It should sound no different than a regular CD. If you do think it sounds better, its probably because your ARC is a better sounding component than your SACD player. Just because SACD is a better format doesn't mean that it will automatically sound better than any CD player. To get the best out of SACD's, you'll need to get a high end component, just like you would for any other component.

I think that is the biggest reason why people who try SACD, aren't that impressed with it. Myself included. I went out and bought a Sony DVD/SACD player and was a little disappointed with the results.