humming interconnects

I have a set of used Klyne dragonfly interconnects.

I had them connecting my new turntable to the Klyne pre -- and I was hearing a hum... so I checked the ground, etc.

I determined it was the interconnects -- the set I substituted do not hum and when I connected the Klyne's to the AUx -- the same hum.

any ideas how to fix or are these interconnects done for? what would cause this?

thanks.
relsteamboat
I had the exact same problem with a low cost set of NBS cables between my table and pre. I was very supprised as even though these were low end, NBS, they were still pretty spendy.
Once I swapped the cable the hum went away.

I understand, but I was suggesting that there conceivably could be other contributing factors, which the Klyne's may bring out to a greater extent than the other interconnects, perhaps due to having higher shield resistance. Although I would guess that the likeliest possible cause would be an outright defect in the Klyne's, such as an open shield connection.

Regards,
-- Al
does open shield mean "no shield" -- so its picking up some interference from the sub or amp?

thanks for trying to help.

I did notice the hum was lessened when I unplugged the sub.

Again, none of this was an issue with the cheaper audioquest interconnects.
does open shield mean "no shield" -- so its picking up some interference from the sub or amp?

No, assuming it is a conventionally designed unbalanced interconnect with rca plugs on each end. By open shield I mean that electrical continuity is not present from the ground (outer shell) part of one rca connector to the ground (outer shell) part of the rca connector at the other end. Which would be caused by a defect in the cable. You can check that easily if you have a multimeter or ohmmeter.

Regards,
-- Al
I had a hum problem with a set of Kondo silver interconnects. If I wiggled the interconnect, the hum disappeared. I gave the interconnect RCA plugs and the female plug on the amplifier a good cleaning with some very, very fine steel wool, and I swear the problem went away. Tarnish on the connections causing a grounding issue? I don't know, but it seems fine now.