Hubbell 8300

Can anyone tell me if the Hubbell 8300 duplex outlet is an isolated ground design?

Thanks
Don
hessong

Showing 3 responses by hessong

There are some relay based preamps that won't work with isolated ground outlets. The Pass Labs Aleph P, I have, is is one.
I was thinking that "isolated ground" simply meant that the ground conductor of the outlet was isolated from all other conductive componants in the outlet - preventing ground to the junction box, conduit, etc. If this is not correct, please let me know. Or if it is correct, and still applies to what you just said, then I guess I need to research this further (or hope it doesn't apply to any of my componants).

I'm installing a dedicated line, and my intention is to ground the conduit at the breaker box end, but be sure that it does not get grounded at the outlet end. The advice I got was to do it this way to prevent negating the shielding effect of the conduit.
The 8300 is available in both isolated or regular ground configuration.
Thanks

Don
Just to update anyone looking at this thread with what I have found. You can indeed get what I'm looking for - even in white - but it is on a made-to-order basis, and is not listed in the Hubbell catolog even though the part number exists.

So in summary, if you want a Hubbell duplex outlet which is hospital grade AND isolated ground, you would normally have to settle for it being orange. But if you are willing to wait as much as a few weeks for this made-to-order item, call a Hubbell distributor and order part number IG8300M2. It should cost around $28. As for other colors, I didn't ask. If you want to know about other colors, write me an e-mail.

Thanks to all who provided answers, especially for the Hubbell contact information.

Don
So in summary, if you want a Hubbell duplex outlet which is hospital grade AND isolated ground, you would normally have to settle for it being orange. But if you are willing to wait as much as a few weeks for this made-to-order item, call a Hubbell distributor and order part number IG8300M2.

Just in case it wasn't clear, this part number will get you a white one.

Also, I just heard back from Hubble, and no other colors are available - just white and orange for the isolated ground AND hospital grade combo.

The part number for hospital grade AND isolated ground in orange is IG8300.

The part numbers for hospital grade but standard ground are:
brown: HBL8300
gray: HBL8300GY
red: HBL8300R
ivory: HBL8300I
white: HBL8300W

These part numbers are all for 20 amp outlets.

Here is the catalog search for Hubbell:
http://www.hubbellcatalog.com/wiring/
The step search is a very nice tool.

Don