HT Receiver or High end integrated for music??

Contemplating a new HT receiver for two channel music with an option to add the rears and center for movies. Somthing like an Arcam AVR350, reputed to be superb, but haven't heard it yet. Will the high end integrated still sound better??
Maybe a Plinius 9200 or Cary SLi80 for tubes!

Have owned a variety of separates in the past, but I'm fed up with all the boxes and cables. I have spending money on cables, not one of them has ever been worth the money, and none of them impressed me either. I'm not a HT fanatic like some, I'd give it up for superior 2 channel performance anyday, and movies thru a great 2 channel setup still sound fantastic!!

Any thoughts will be appreciated!!

Thanks to all!
128x128pluto

Showing 1 response by ellery911

I started snooping around here about 5 years ago and was considering the home theater surround sound thing. I figured that I would start slowly and as everybody above says...get an integrated amp first. Well...I have 2 integrateds now...thinking about my 3rd...even entertaining the idea of new speakers and source.

I haven't entertained the idea of surround sound for quite some time now and I'm still ok with 2.1 for movies.