How would you desribe Von Schweiket VR-4jr sound?

Or for that matter the Von Schweikert sound in general, particularly their newer models?
What would you, Von Schweikert owners/previous owners, auditioners, consider their strengths.... weaknesses?

thx

geoh
geoh

Showing 3 responses by uru975

I heard them about a week ago in a dealers room, I found the base a little bit forward and heavier or more pronounced than I like, the highs were not quite as clear. Be great for rock. It was set up on an all BAT system, so tubes all the way, which matches my system, only I have Conrad-Johnson.
For the money, it is probably ok, I have a pair of old B&W 804 matrix, and the sound for me is still fine. Hope that helps.
Robm321
My experience is my experience. Not having bought these speakers I have not bought into them and have nothing to defend, merely giving my impression. I agree that a 1/2 or so demo in a store is not nearly representative of a day or even week in ones home with one's own set up.
Having heard them and found them wanting it was not without knowledge just without more experience of them. The lesson for all on Audiogon or elsewhere is "Trust your own Ears"
Anything anyone elsse says is merely their opinion based on their own biases and listening preferences. A pair of ears that you know and trust may be another matter.
A call for opinions elicts them, whether all and sundry agree of not.
Robm321
It turns out my review of what I heard was also not fair to the VonSchweiker4jr. Went back to the stereo store and discovered that instead of being by-wired as they are intended to be they were but rather using somesort of cord that allows the top to be connected to the bottom. Anyway what I heard was the new Vonsheiwker4sr and at twice the price they were a definet hit. So when I hear them as they were meant to be set up I can give a better review and one much more worth reading.