How well respected our EAR products

You rarely here about them and their U.S. Distribution is fairly limited. A gentleman that repairs EAR gear told me they use the cheapest parts. He said the designer is more concerned with circuit outlay than premium parts.
taters
Tim also designed and built the electronics in the tube analogue reel-to-reel recorder used by recording engineer Kav Alexander for his Water Lily LP's, which are some of the best sounding LP's ever made. EAR power amps are used in some LP mastering and pressing houses as well.
I'm an EAR dealer. I choose to represent them because it is gear that remains interesting indefinitely for me. As the audiophile ear wanders, falls in and out of love, it is the products that remain interesting that I consider to be a true value.

Michael
bluejayaudio.com
Another vote for poor distribution/customer service, as I once sent an email inquiring about the dealer/retailer network by state(s), never received a reply. This company can do better by answering potential customer request(s)!

keep me posted & happy listening!
I had a problem with response to a proprietary, broken "stand-off" screw on an EAR integrated. It sounded good with my Quads, but was assembled with not-so-good parts and this part broke, newly shipped, in factory packing. I would think, "not my fault".

I was referred to the factory where I had the distict displeasure of speaking with Mr. Paravicini AND his attitude. (It's amazing that they can both be in the same room at the same time!) I told him this wasn't my idea, his rep at the time couldn't get the part quickly and told me to call, that's how I got the phone number.

Didn't matter, I got the full "Tube God" Paravicini attitude. No thanks to him, I fixed the thing and sold it immediately.

I've been in high end for 40 years and owed a ton of gear. I got rid of EAR due to that attitude and likewise will never own Levinson after they left me stranded with an $8k "modular, always up to date" DAC. Every time I use my system my gear reminds of the people behind it and I want nothing to do with EAR or TP.

There are plenty of good folks who make good gear and stand behind it. No reason to support egomaniacs who blame the user when their product breaks in normal use or companies that leave you stranded. Fool me once, shame on you...