how to side-grade from B&W 805's?

hello, i have b&w nautilus 805's and would like to change things up.. i need some advice on what speakers to move onto

first of all, some background on my room

it's about 11x15 and i do have some minimal acoustic treatment (8x 2x2 absorbers)

my electronics consists of a peachtree decco (soon to be nova), and a mcintosh 7100

as far as power, i feel that the mcintosh provides enough clean power for my room, i'm just looking for a different sound

what i love about the 805's is mainly the midrange/imaging... it is silky smooth and very rich... vocals and jazz really excel on these speakers... imaging is off the charts, the speakers simply disappear and the soundstage is huge, love that

however, when i listen to bass-heavy/faster music such as electronic/rock/etc, i feel that the 805's leave something to be desired... also, after extended listening, the metal tweeter does cause fatigue

long story short, i'm looking for something with more bass (prefer not to add a sub) and better attack/PRAT while retaining the smooth mid/highs

my budget is around 1.5k, give or take a few hundred

what should i be looking into? who has HAD the 805's and moved onto something of similar price, but better overall performance?

thanks
koven
i had the 805's and agree with you. i now listen to Meadowlark floorstanders. they are no longer in business and if that does not scare you, look for used ones on audiogon. the speaker line i think you should consider is Totem. i had a pair of the model 1's and consider them a nice move from the B&W's. there are several models. they also like a lot of power as do the B&W's.
I had 805n. I moved on to Aerial model 6. The Aerials have a smoother treble and deeper bass. They should be a good fit in your room and are in your price range used.
I was in your position and I would highly consider looking at the Dynaudio Contour S1.4. It is fast, detailed and goes deeper than you would expect for a monitor speaker. The bass is taught and tight. The S1.4 uses the very highly regarded Esotar tweeter which is a silk soft dome type.(Great for non faitique listening) very smooth with extended range. Definitely get the stand 4 for them which direct couples the speaker to the stand. These are an all time "Best of". I have two pair of these. Check your PM.
I agree with Kal - judging from the Stereophile measurements the PSB Imagine T is an outstanding value speaker reminiscent of Energy's best speakers - a beautifully smooth on and off axis response.
Maybe SALK or Triangles? Paradigm studios would also be worth listening to.
I also have 805Ns. I use 4 for main and surround speakers in my HT. I agree completely with your evaluation of them. With that being said, over the summer I started putting together a budget stereo system, looking for exactly the same things you are, and ended up going with Totem Staffs (powered by a Krell Integrated). The Staffs are really amazing little floorstanders with decent bass response. If you like a wide soundstage, this is the speaker for you. I highly recommend taking a listen if you have the chance.
I've owned a bunch of b&w's, inc. M802's, & Sig. 805's. The 805 Signatures, I sold after a month. No bass was one issue, but after owning 802's, small Spendors, Merlin TSM-M's, I just found the 805's very lacking. (I also had a pr. of M805's that I got rid of pretty fast too).

Then I found a pr. of slightly used Totem Mani-2 Signatures. Like night & day vs. the 805's, & probably the best speakers I've ever owned. Totem Model 1's might be worth checking out too. Also Dynaudios, also Spendors......
I take these are the 805's and not the newer ones.I actually like the 705's for bass more than
the ORIGINAL 805's.
I owned both of these. With your amp......MAC 7100 I believe, I would look at a pair of SALK SOUNG TOWERS.
Really silly money for this quality of speaker. The craftmanship and sound is worth double. Search for reviews. I would also make sure I got a good quality
4 ohm speaker with that amp. MAC's especially the older ones are first speced with 4 ohm speakers. I have had quite a bit of MAC equipment also. I have one system with a MAC int amp and SALK's...........really good. Just an opinion.
Excuse me...........SALK SONG TOWERS......my fingers are moving faster than my brain.
thanks for the suggestions.. i'm looking into a lot of different options right now, dont want to rush into anything

i'm hoping my next speaker choice will cure my "upgradtitis" and that i can own them happily for many years

anyway, here's a quick video i made today for fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HI9zO3Mp9I
It would be an upgrade from the B&W's, but the Silverline SR17 Supreme ($6k) would be worth auditioning.
$6K? I thought Koven said $1.5K... give or take a few hundred.

Here is another vote for the PSB Imagine T. I auditioned some of these a few days ago with a modest ARC pre and tube power amp, a Simaudio Moon 5.3 CDP and they were absolutely wonderful. They are $2K new, and a relatively new product unlikely to be available used so you would have to push your budget a bit.

The Totem Sttaf is a very good idea too, as is the Model One which is about $2k new but frequently available used.

Dynaudio Focus 140's are very nice looking and sounding, and I think would mate well with your amp.

finally, I would look at the B&W CM5 too as a possible replacement for the older 805's. More musical and forgiving, with more bass readily available and extracted.

I find the 805's ruthlessly revealing and happiest when paired with only the very best electronics with a ton of insight, power and current on tap.
I used to own the 805S and have replaced them with Proac response D18. The Proacs do all that the 805s are good for and more. I heartily recommend an audition.
I owned B&W. I came to the point when I couldn't listen to them any more, especially treble. I moved to Jmlab (much better speakers) and then to Dynaudio Confidence.