How to replace B&W 805s top tweeter

I recently find a dent on the top tweeter of my 805s speakers. The dent is nickel size on the silve diaphragm just inside the black grill. I tried to use tape and vacumm to pull it out, but didn't work. I got a quote of $119 of the part from the dealer, and B&W part number is ZZ14273. Dealer charges extra money if they do it for me. Although this doesn't impact sound quality, I'd like to fix it. My question is how easy it is to replace it by myself. Does it require special tool or skill? Or, is it just pull it out or roll it out after unscrew the three nails? If you have the experience of replacing it, please share with me. Thank you.
adamshao

Showing 2 responses by adamshao

I got detailed steps from B&W support. It seems pretty easy. I just post it here to share with people that have similar issue. To understand the below instructions, you need to download the service picture from B&W support site. I don't know how to upload pic with the post.

Start by unscrewing #6. Pull out #7 (this is your replacement tweeter) using your fingertips in a forward motion pull the insides out of the housing. Next unscrew #5 this will release the old tweeter. Replace with the new tweeter. Install the replaced tweeter assembly into the housing and press around the outer sides of #7 and hold the reassembled tweeter towards the back of the speaker and screw #6 back on.