How to re-terminate Valhalla

Hi there. This is my first posting in this forum. I have a pair of 26” RCA terminated Nordost Valhalla IC’s which I would like to re-terminate to XLR. I am planning to do this myself. I like to tinker and am pretty good with a soldering iron.  I have removed the RCA sleeves and studied the connections=4 red wires to hot center pin and 4 clear wires to negative pin. The outer shield, far as I can tell, is not connected. My questions is, when I solder to the new XLR connectors, do I solder the 4 red wires to pin 2 (hot) and the 4 clear wires to pin 3 (neutral)? And what do I do with the outer shield? Do I bundle it and wire to pin 1 (ground) or leave it floating? And if I connect ground do I do both ends or just the output end? Thanks in advance for your help. 
angelinareef
I’m unfamiliar with Valhalla, but with such premium wires use solderless XLRs like Bocchino, EIZZ, or Vampire. You definitely want an end-to-end ground connections at Pin 1.  If all Valhalla offers for that is a shield, then you could add a separate high quality ground wire at Pin 1.  The shield is general connected at the source and floated at the other end.
Solderless is good, but not enough. If you pour silicon glue with glue gun, you can finesse your work with usable strength to hold in place FIRM
Thank you both. I am set on soldering. I already have Neutrik connectors, silver solder and even ordered a lighted LED magnifier task lamp for such work. Anyone out there who can confirm which wires go to which pins? Thank you!