How to power down a Nuforce DAC-9 by remote?

I hope someone can help. I am a newbie and am trying to figure out how to turn on/off a Nuforce DAC-9 by remote control.
1. Does the remote supplied by Nuforce have an on/off button I have overlooked?
2. Does anyone know the discrete codes that could be used to power Nuforce unit on/off using a programmable URC universal remote control?
3. What is the cheapest device the Nuforce could be plugged into so the Nuforce unit could be controlled by IR or IR to RF using a programmable URC remote control?
I appreciate your efforts and expertise.
utrxdlr

Showing 3 responses by zd542

Throw the remote at the power switch. That should do it (if you have a good aim).

Its probably meant to be left on all the time. Its very common to leave things like CD players, dac's, SS preamps....., powered up for long periods of time. If you're not sure, just ask NuForce. They may even mention this in your owners manual.
"Yes, I realize I could leave it powered up, but that's why I posted my question. I thought there we had a group of experts on this site. C'mon Guys!!!!"

I gave you the right answer in my last post. Most SS digital gear is meant to be left on all the time. The idea does make some people nervous so that's why I said to check with NuForce so that you'll have piece of mind. I have 3 CD players; Wadia 861, 302, and an Arcam 33. They all get left on 24/7.