How to listen to the Beatles re-releases?

There have been some stupid questions asked on these forums over the years, and several of those stupid questions have come from me. Perhaps here's another one for the ages...

I'm 38 and have never really listened to the Beatles catalog. I own "Peppers", "Rubber Soul" and "Abby Road" on vinyl, plus "Love", but wouldn't say I'm as familiar with their body of work as I am with, say, R.E.M (they were "my" band during my high-school and college years).

However, I've pre-ordered both the stereo and mono Beatles re-releases. What's the best way to re-introduce myself to the genius of the "fab four"?

Should I sit down and work my way through their collection chronologically? Is there a good companion book to read through while I listen? Should I listen to an album over-and-over until I really "get it" before moving on to the next? Both mono and stereo?

There are albums that I pick up and think "Wow...It would have been awesome to listen to this the first day it was released." Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors". CCR's "Willy...". Rush's "Moving Pictures". Etc. The excitement of the release. The cultural and musical context. The significance. I'll never be able to experience that with the Beatles, and I'd like to put myself in a place (mentally) to really listen to the Beatles for the first time (again).

Does this make sense? Blast away. I figure I couple of people will understand what I'm asking and have some thoughtful suggestions.
128x128nrenter
"HI FI is just to play the music back not to make your dik bigger"

and they call me the caveman....
actually,
I agree with him!
All that equipment!!! A waste of money!!! I should have known there wasn't any size difference even after I used NOS tubes.
Post removed 
I’ll take the troll bait.  It’s boring under my bridge.  Gee, I guess we could might want to talk musicianship when talking about a band be it a pop group or symphony orchestra.  And there is in my opinion no denying the Beatles musicianship.  They were an iconic group.  And they were a product of their time.  I just wish we could experience their like today but I think that ship has sailed.