How to increase volume of my turntable - pre-amp - amp setup

Hi. Good Day to you all! My first post and first visit.

I have a cheap Scott turntable equipped with a low priced Audio-Technica mm cartridge through a cheap Berhringer pre-amp into a Logitech Z-680 speaker system. I also have a CD player separately into the system.

The volume output from the speakers is markedly lower from records than from CDs. I suppose that CD medium might be a little louder (the loudness war thing?) than vinyl but this seems to be an output problem not a difference in mediums.

I would like to increase  LP volume. How can I do this? Can I get a higher output cartridge for my turntable? How about a pre-amp with higher output? The Logitech speaker system seems plenty powerful.

I've researched but can't seem to find an answer that I understand. 

Thanks!

128x128rajastrums
lowrider57,
"I totally agree that the Pro-Ject is the way to go. When I reread the thread I realized that the Logitech was the only source for power."

Yes it is my only power source.it has plenty for my needs.
noromance,

This preamp will boost the signal more than the Behringer I’m using now? I see that gain is 40dB for a mm cartridge versus 35 dB for my Behringer PP400.

Here are the specs;

Technical specifications

Pro-Ject Record Box E

Input capacitance/input impedance MC: 100ohms/120pF (low output MC)
MM: 47kohms/120pF (MM or high output MC)
Gain, MM / MC 40dB / 60dB
Output voltage typically 300mV/1kHz at 3mV/1kHz (MM) or 0,3mV/1kHz (MC)
Max. output 9,5V (1kHz)
Noise floor MM / MC 94dB (A weighted) / 75dB (A weighted)
THD MM / MC <0,01% / <0,05%
RIAA-equalisation curve accuracy 20Hz - 20kHz / max. 0,5dB
A/D converter Burr Brown PCM2904 16-Bit Delta Sigma
Sampling rates 32, 44,1 and 48kHz
USB output 5 pin mini b connector (USB cable supplied)
USB signal digital serial data protocol USB 1.1
Input / Line output 1 pair RCA/Cinch sockets each
Outboard power supply 18V/500mA DC, suitable for your country’s mains supply
Power consumption 100mA DC
Dimensions W x H x D (D with sockets) 120 x 32 x 100 (115) mm
Weight 250g without power supply

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ject-Phono-Box-Preamplifier-Black/dp/B01CZW87HS/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics...
The specs listed are for the Phono Record Box E, which in addition to being a phonostage also serves for analog to digital (A/D) conversion of LPs.  The Phono Box is a phonostage only and thus less expensive $60, and yes, if its gain is also 40db it will boost the signal over your Behringer by 5dB.  This would not bring the volume up to that of your CD player however might be enough to satisfy your needs. The voltage supplied by the Phono Box would be about 1.7X that of the Behringer.  I believe Needle Doctor sells the Phono Box, they are good to talk to. Look them up online.