How to implement pc as a Transport. Which route.

I've been reading alot about pc-audio have been lucky enough to get an M-audio Audiophile usb for free. I use this to connect directly to my amp (nad c320bee). It sounds better than my cheapo dvd player. Now I want to get better quality and sound from my pc. But how do I enhance my pc transport capabilities

Now I understand many people are going two routes. Either using a wireless type system like Squeezebox or connecting via a usb connection to usb (wavelength audio brick, M-audiophile etc)directly to power amp.

From what I understand people are going the squeezebox type mainly for convenience and to remove the loud pc out of their listening room. This is a non-issue since I have a coustom made quite pc. I won't say it's dead quite but it very nearly is. I also have my computer pretty much right next to my rig (Totem rainmakers, nad c320bee).

In the set-up I have it seems a little dumb to set-up a network like squeezebox. Although if it sounds good it sounds good. I haven't heard much about it on this board but has anyone heard the modded ones?

For my set-up what should I get to drastically enhance my music? Should I try and get the audiohiple modded or use it as a transport to an outboard dac. If so what should I get if you under a budget (500-1000).

Can you all describe different solution that you have implemented and get your input on pro and cons? Thankyou very much.
daimbert

Showing 1 response by kana813