How to hang rugs.

Hey guys,

I will be moving soon and will have a dedicated room. I have a fairly nice rug, i beleive its about 10'X6' and is kind of heavy. I was wondering if any of you tweakers have a good way of hanging rugs. Im most concerned with the rug stretching at the point loads if i only hang it with a few mounting points. But im also concerned with crushing the edge if i used say two 2x4s clamped together with the rug in between to disperse the load evenly. i have a few other thoughts in my hopper but was wondering what you guys did. Another question: on which wall would it produce the most benefit front or rear? my speakers have a rear firing tweeter just to let you know. I havent heard the room yet so it may not be necessary but it did fail the clap test. im guessing the rear of my speakers will be about 30" or so from the wall. thanks Justin
jlind325is

Showing 2 responses by boss302

If it's the rug in your system pics get some rebar for concrete cut to the hanging length and a spraycan of paint or clear to prevent the rebar from oxidizing. I used fishing line to sew the rug to the bar. If it's too heavy for mounting on the drywall find the studs and use screws and then hang the rebar on the screws. This way there are no marks on the rug that can be seen so if you want to use it as a rug again all you do is cut the line. It's easy to get it straight too. Done deal and cheap.

Boss302
Thank you Albert!!! A lot easier than mine and will use that combination the next time. Jlind, if you have ceilings that are 10' tall there are probable a few people that would help you in room acousitics. ;-) My ceilings are 8' and from listening to other people's system I've come to understand that the room is part of the sound equation and you haven't said what your new room size is so can't really offer advice on rug placement. Good luck!

Boss302