How To Field Questions About Your Audiophile Lifestyle...

We Audiophiles often have a bit of "The Adams Family" about us to other people..especially to neighbors and those who come into contact with us often.Here are some of the most common questions that come up and some suggestions on how to field them.

Q."About that stereo of yours,; "what kind is it?"
 A. Looking at your watch, "It's a q
uarter to 5."

Q."How much did it cost?"
 A. "I'm not sure.I stole it."

Q."How come my stereo doesn't' sound like that?"
 A."You need smarter friends with better advice." "I hear they really kick"is 5 words from hell, if you are really serious about your selections.

Q."Why do you play "Aerosmith" and the "Butthole Surfers"then switch to that "Beethoven"
 crap?"
  A. "Beethoven was a musician too."He went deaf without any rock music at all.

Q."Why is your furniture differently arranged than everybody else's, all diagonally?"
  A."It has to do with the lighting,"or "Thats the way the previous people living here liked it."

Q."Why do you always walk backwards when there is a strong wind coming at you ?"
  A."I like to protect my nice face from aging" or "I forgot my ear muffs today."

Q."Why do you play your CD player with the top off and why does the Xmas tree near it always have greenish blue lights."
  A.It has to do with the absorption of stray laser..Err it's too long a story."

Q."Why do you have a Xmas tree still up by your CD player?"
  A."It's already September..Might as well just keep it up now."

I hope this helps.

supertweak
You must stop smoking that stuff as this makes NO sense.Good luck with your system though!!
Supertweak,
I'm sure you went thru this in other threads, and my question isn't relevant to this thread, but respectfully, what brand of components do you use in your system? I think you claimed this was too personal of information but really, it isn't. Many people do that on this forum. If people don't like what you have, so what??? You say you want to enlighten people about various tweaks of yours. Adding your component listing hurts no one. IMO. I've been told, not in so many words, that my system was pretty much junk. Just ask Audiotroy. :-)
As to fielding questions about my system, to the non audiophile people, I pretty much keep quiet. When you tell these people what you have and what it costs you usually get a look of "a deer caught in headlights" expression. When I told my Stepson what my turntable costs, he said, "you must be crazy!" .....as he was purchasing a new $800 baseball bat.
Cheers!
I had that discussion with some co-workers last year....My contention is that if someone spends 80K+ on a car...he's (normally a guy) James Bond...a stud, and to be envied...If a guy spends $1,500 on a turntable...he's a certified "Kook"...tells you everything you need to know about our society in 2018.... 
mr_m"Supertweak...respectfully, what brand of components do you use in your system? I think you claimed this was too personal of information but really, it isn't. Many people do that on this forum. If people don't like what you have, so what??? You say you want to enlighten people about various tweaks of yours. Adding your component listing hurts no one..."

Mr M I do not think you will be hearing from "Supertweak" because I think he fell behind in his school work and when his mommy found out he would have to repeat third grade again or else go to a summer school she took away his computer priviledges I think she was very surprised to read what he was posting here threatening people with lawyers and attorney generals and similiar threats.