How to DIY yourself very nice Class D monoblocks

If you want to know what the hoopla is about Class D and want to put together a very nice sounding kit I have a starter recommendation for you.

Go to Parts Express and search for "ICEPower ASP"
Next, look online for Ghent Audio. They make many sets of cases.

You'll need a high power soldering iron, and screw skills.
Between those two, you can put together a very nice monoblock for around $500 a piece.

I highly recommend both. I have no financial interest in either. 
You may need wiring kits, so make sure to order appropriately.
erik_squires

Erik,

Looks like 500K switching to me.  The oscillator is in the megs.....not the PWM frequency.....maybe I don't know nothin.

George,

Your link to Gan-fet is from 2014 and Purely Emotional Audio is an offshoot of classdaudio.  They have yet to produce anything using that name.

Erik, TI has quite a bit of info on their website with plots for the whole chip family.  Interesting threads about tpa3251/tpa3255 on diyaudio as well.  The TI module is plug and play essentially and the sound is refined with some serious low end grunt.  Best with an active preamp. 
Hi All,
  Has anyone done any comparisons between the Bel Canto e.One REF 600 M and the IcePower ASP kit. I'm currently using a Krell FPB 300 with a PBN 741 speaker kit and a newer model amp is the last item on my improvement list. It would be great if Stereophile did some reviews on some of the kits.

Thanx,                                                                                                                     Frank

George,

Your link to Gan-fet is from 2014 and Purely Emotional Audio is an offshoot of classdaudio. They have yet to produce anything using that name.

Here is a an email back to me from the US company "ClassDAudio" regarding the use of the new GaN Fet technology in any of their completed amps or very well priced Class-D kits they make, that use linear power supplies!!  I've sent one to PureAudio also.
https://classdaudio.com/amplifier-kits.html

"Hi George,

These will not be available in kits. These amps are complex and expensive to manufacture. We’re hoping to have complete amps ready maybe in about a month. We’re still finishing case design. Tom"

Cheers George
Post removed