How to connect C2500, MC501 and Two Subs

I read somewhere you could connect subs from the MC501’s RCA interconnects even though the amps XLR’s are being used to connect to the C2500 preamp? Is this possible? I’m trying to save money, assuming the subs will sound great next to each amp, by not paying for longer XLR or RCA cables. So is the above correct, or?
roddyboy

Showing 5 responses by roddyboy

Lol.. I here you! First and foremost i just wanted to understand how to hook the subs using my amp or preamp, so thank you for that... I’m thinking of getting the SVS SB-1000 Pro for just over $1000 including tax because they use unbalanced RCA’s, but maybe there’s better choices, i don’t know.. It’d sure be nice to get reference quality for less.. As far as cables, well, i thought keeping all things the same (Golden Ref) was the best option, but it may not matter. 
Getting great feedback, but with all the recommendations, which setup will get the best out of the subs and ultimately the system in general? Connecting subs using the same 8 ohm taps as my current speaker connection seems to be the easiest setup if it gets the best out of the subwoofers. Granted I haven't 100% decided which subs, but leaning towards the SVS PB/SB-2000's..

ddude003,

do you mean even though I'm using the mains balance out to both amps, it doesn't cancel out the mains RCA outputs #1 and #2? This would mean I could use both outputs for the SB2000's? 

Great feeds! Since I use the C2500 main balance out to the MC501's, I'll try the main's output #1 & 2 using XLR to RCA splitters.

- Output #1 and 2 right channel going to right sub

- Output #1& 2 left channel going to left sub. I'm days out from cable delivery but can someone tell me if this is the right way?