How to clean and polish MC275?

I have had the tube cage on my McIntosh MC275 MKIV for a few months now. I removed it today and found a thin layer of dust had settled under there. A wipe with a soft cloth has removed most of it but there is still a somewhat sticky remainder that requires some forceful rubbing to remove. Is there a safe product or way to clean this to regain its mirror finish? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
128x128ejineffect
Don't use chrome cleaner,or car wax/polish.The big majority of it has an abrasive polish,that will leave swirl marks,and haze.There are supposed to be non abrasive waxes,but I don't know any to recommend,and you probably don't need any.Be careful when cleaning over the silk-screened writing.It doesn't take much effort to rub it off.Cloth dampened with water should work.I haven't tried Windex,and it may be an option if water doesn't remove it.
Start with a can of compressed air.After that theres dozens of idea's I wont bore you with,B
I use Nevr-Dull by Eagle One (Wal-Mart auto section). It is a wad-type cleaner that works beautifully on my Quicksilvers' nickel finish. I belive it works on chrome as well and will not scratch or haze over.
Flitz metal polish is great for finer finishes. Use a microfibre cloth along with it. Or to be extra safe contact mcintosh [email protected] has alwasy been really good about answering questions.
I have had excellent results with Windex. I would not risk using any type of paste metal polish. It could remove the silk screened writing on the chasis.

By the way McIntosh uses windex at their factory.