How to check my preamp for a DC leak

Hello,

After posting in a previous thread about my amp cutting out every now and then, it was suggested to me that mu preamp may have a DC leak.

I bought myself a multimeter, but I'm not sure how to check for a DC leak. Would anyone be able to tell me where the leads should be connected, and whether I need signal coming into the pre to test for this?
rrolack
Any thoughts on my last question? If anyone knows the answer to this, it would be much appreciated!
Intermittent problems are among the hardest to run down. It could be an issue of a bad capacitor that only misbehaves when it charges to a certain point. Or it could be temperature related or tied to the type of signal. Cold solder joints are also suspect in this type of situation.

I'd measure for DC under all conditions - when it sounds OK and when it is misbehaving. There's a more than fair chance this is going to take some bench testing by a a good electronics tech.
I measured a channel L xlr and measured at the beginning 250mv and slowly decreases until it reaches 4mv