How to break in a tube preamp?

Please excuse me if this is a stupid question.
I want to break in a newer ARC tube preamp (ARC says 400-600 hours needed to run in new Teflon coupling caps, etc.) and am wondering if I can accomplish this without running my tube amp at the same time and avoid spent KT-120 power tube use. Can I only leave a digital source on repeat with the preamp on and actually "burn in" the unit or is that not fully running what needs to be run to accomplish "proper run in".
bavarian05
Just enjoy music as you normally would. That way you can hear if the sound changes any. Don't get in a mindset that it will sound bad if you don't burn-in first.
That would be ok to do. I have never bothered doing this and just played new equipment and enjoyed. Never heard much change in sound except for my Lowther speakers. Don't obsess about breakin. Just listen and enjoy. You won't be disappointed
While I appreciate what you are saying, I was wondering electrically if this would help the break in process or be a waste of time without the signal running through the amp as well. I don't plan to leave it run for 600 hours, but I would like to let it run for likely a few days to assist the process if it makes sense electrically.
To some extent, so-called "break in" is the listener becoming accustom to the new sound. That part requires listening to the system, so just do that and don't worry about break in.
Should work fine to not power on amps, but they do need to be connected to your preamp. I've done this.