How to add Dolby Pro Logic II support?

I have a Rotel RSX-972 and am very happy with it.
It has the usual pre-outs and also 5.1 inputs.
Currently I feed my Sony 999ES to the 5.1 inputs for SACD.

I would like to know if there is anything, that is just a simple decoder/processor, budget price, that will let me add Dolby Pro Logic II. I am just curious how much it would improve watching TV, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on it as I am not ready to upgrade to a new reciever yet. But I cannot seem to find such a device.

I've seen the Processor/PreAmp components, but I don't know if such a component would work or how, as both my receiver and the preamp would have their own volume controls. Plus I don't think you can get anything half decent processor/preamp for less the $500.

Thanks in advance,

-- Sanjay
schugh

Showing 1 response by lej1447

Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver, which can be used as pre/pro, has DPL II for less than $600 (Internet). One can bought at Good Guys or Circuit City for $799 MSRP. Personally I have it and tested only once. Never bother to use DPL II again. I often listen to 2-channel stereo, DD & DTS, or 7-channel stereo, depending on media. Volvo offers DPLII in its SUV, but I've never tried it. I don't think that I'd like it personally.