How to add depth for classical music

While listening to classical music, especially the orchestral pieces (e.g. Beethoven Piano/Violin Concertos, Symphonies), I find that my system is not giving me the depth, such as layers of instruments etc.   My listening environment is not ideal.  I have hard wood floor and tray ceiling.  On one side, I have windows and on the other side, I have a long corridor.  

Here's my system:
  • Parasound P5 & A23
  • Sonus Faber Venere 3.0
  • Bluesound Node2i
  • Chord Qutest

Would a new preamp/amp or integrated amp help?   I've auditioned Moon (SimAudio) 340iX and thought it's more opened than my Parasound.   But for some strange reason, I didn't really like the sound.   Maybe I need to audition again.  

Would room treatment help?  But my options are limited because of my room.

Love to hear your thoughts.
pc_audio
I have no experience with your equipment, but based on user comments I've seen here and elsewhere about your Parasound electronics, the Node2i, and the Qutest, and after doing a bit of research on the speakers, I'm struck by exactly one thing: The speakers are **extremely** light relative to their size, as audiophile-oriented speakers go (45.5 x 13.3 x 17.2 inches; 47 pounds). Which leads me to suspect that they are the weak link in your system, not only in terms of the compromised image depth you refer to, but probably in other respects as well.

Just a thought to consider. Good luck.  

-- Al

Components and wire will make a huge improvement in depth regardless of the room. Because usually people have already done pretty much everything they can with speaker placement. The main thing you can do to get more depth is have the speakers out at least a few feet from the front and side walls. Once that is done you can still squeeze out a bit more from acoustic panels- absorbers or diffusers- but not much. Very little. Certainly very little compared to what you can get with better components and wires.

But components and wires calls for a good deal of research and auditioning. A set of Synergistic Research HFT for the speakers will be much more effective. HFT totally make the speakers disappear, by making the sound stage much more palpably real, both left to right as well as front to back. If its on the recording with depth believe me you will hear depth. 

Compared to acoustic panels HFT are far less obtrusive and way more effective. I've got a lot of experience with both. Its not even close. Look at the difference. The panels are hard to miss. The HFT are all over the place but I had to shoot closeups to show them. 

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367

You can try just one speaker kit, use half on each speaker, which is how I started when I wasn't sure. Then when you know how they work you can look at your room and where their recommended placement and figure out how many more you might want and where to put them. I would also try ECT as they produce the same 3D imaging effect but being placed on components instead of walls they are even less room dependent.

All with money back guarantee. Again, tried all this stuff. HFT are more effective than panels for the money. Anyone recommends acoustic panels, ask how they compare to HFT. More to the point, ask IF they compared.
@three_easy_payments I already have a REL T9 sub but I don't usually turn it on when listening to classical music.  I always felt that sub adds great bass for my pop, rock and other music. But for classical music, I like to keep my sub off.  

But maybe I will start doing that to see if it helps.
Post removed