How To Add A Sub To B&W N802's

I am thinking about buying one of the B&W 800 series subwoofers to my N802's. I honestly know nothing about how to go about this or if it is even a good idea? I thought about upgrading to bigger B&W's like the 801's but thought this might be an easier and cheaper route. Any advice on this at all?
128x128atsmusic

Showing 1 response by shiva

To answer your quesiton, it is a good idea to add a sub if you are looking for more slam. They give it. Before you go and spend $3500 on one, it might also be a good idea to do a little investigating. There are some great companys out there who do nothing but build subwoofers and may beat out the B&W for much less. Some have already been mentioned, such as JL and Rel. Some others to read up on are Hsu, SVS, and Epik lines. Hooking them up will not be difficult as they have numerous connections. If you have a subwoofer out on your preamp, that would be the easiest. You can also add a second pair of speaker wires from the left or right channel posts of your amp to the sub. The Rels have their own dedicated cable just for that. Good luck