How's my imaging?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if my imaging is what it should be, let me explain. When I'm sitting in my listening chair (which is positioned at the apex of where my front speakers would meet since they are toed in), I'm hearing the voices right (directly) in front of me. But instead of being at head level, they are about one to two feet above where my ears are sitting straight up. (Please see my system to get a visiual, under - man cave system) If you pull up the picture of my room, the voices would be coming from the area where the stars on the flag are.

My question is, is this correct imaging or should the voices be lower? If the voices should be lower, what kinds of things could I try to correct it?

Thanks,
Mike
vman71

Showing 2 responses by sol322

Vman:

Have you tried moving the speakers closer to you i.e. 2 ft and check vocals position changes if any?
Do you have any ceiling accoustical tratment?
It might be the case that a absorbing material at the ceiling tweeter reflection viewed from your listening position might "lower" the voice image if that's what you looking for.
Your comments
Luis
Vman:
IF you'd like to try lowering the voices point, you can try lifting the rear part of your speakers with something like wood pieces, etc to lower the sound projection from your speakers.
I really suspect you have a ceiling reflection situation here. With a couple of helpers a blanket or a piece of carpet and two brooms or something similar you can sit in the sweet spot and let them raise to the ceiling the carpet piece, if image does come down you have found the cause!
IF you need a temporary fix try the speaker angle variation trick.
Hope this helps
Luis