How much should I spend on a new DAC

Hello Gents. What would be reasonable sum to spend on a new DAC relative to my current audio rig.

Speakers: Sonus Faber Olympica II

Integrated Amp: Pass Labs INT-25

DAC: Pro-Ject Dac Box S2+

Speaker Cables: Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire

Power cable: Kimber PK10 Base

Interconnects: Audioquest Tower

I must say I'm very happy with the music coming out of my speakers but It's obvious that the DAC is not the same league as the rest of the equipment.

celestial__sound

The Gustard R26, something I’m definitely interested in has a rival in the family; the Gustard A26 with the new AKM chipset that’s getting some positive attention.

Another vote for getting a real streamer first.  You might decide that you don’t need another DAC.

All the best.

Thank you all for your responses. Tbh I never included the streamer as an upgrade path option. My understanding was that the digital stream is only zeroes and ones and it should not affect the sound quality in any way. But based on so many user experiences here It clearly does. 

Would anyone here with engineering background will bother to explain how the network streamer affects the sound quality, or can point to any research or documentation from the web?  Thanks 

Try Hans Beekhuyzen on YouTube. He just dropped another relevant one today about switches. 

OP.

I bought an Auralic Altair G1 streamer/DAC one box solution. I am ecstatic. It is so simple and the quality is extremely good for the price of around $3,500 USD. It punches way above its price point. BTW I use Quobuz.

Bruce