How much power can a pair of Klipsch La Scalas take ?

I have two emotiva 2gen 2 amps and I was wondering if I can safely run my La Scalas on them. They rate the speakers at 100-400 Watts at 8 ohms.  My amps are 250 rms at 8ohms. And 500 at 4 ohms. I’ve herd Klipsch speakers act more like 4ohm speakers than 8. I up graded the crossover birds and horn tweeters from bob Crites and they sound amazing. So I don’t want to hurt them .
128x128devaultcarl1
… So I don’t want to hurt them .

@devaultcarl1 --

In the context of the Klipsch La Scala's and their power handling I'd assume for above quote to be aimed at your ears. Sporting 104-105dB sensitivity you'll hit some 120dB's or slightly more with 100 watts, at the listening position up to some 3 meters away. That's a lot of strain on you ears. Indeed I'd lower above rated average wattage usage by at least factor 10. Don't know the size of your listening room though (and listening distance) added to how hard it's damped, which can change the estimations notably. How old are your La Scala's?
My room is 25-20, my La Scalas are 1970. I up graded caps and tweeters. They sound great I run a svs ultra sb16 with them. I like loud music but also like clean sound down at lower sound levels.
My room is 25-20, my La Scalas are 1970. I up graded caps and tweeters. They sound great I run a svs ultra sb16 with them. I like loud music but also like clean sound down at lower sound levels.

It’s great that a pair of (partly upgraded) almost 50 year old speakers can still bring joy to a listener - without any notable sonic degradation, that is. Certainly a testament to their longevity. My setup is quite similar to yours on the speaker front (my speakers are "modelled" around the Klipsch Belle), and I also use an SVS SB-16 Ultra to augment my main speakers downwards. With your large-ish listening room and desire for loud playback I might not suggest an 8 watt SET..
You will love this. My friend asked me if I wanted a pair of big speakers. St the time I didn’t have a stereo system. But I said bring them over he showed up with a pair of Klipsch Chorus speakers. I was so impressed with them I built a new sound system to take full advantage of the chorus speakers. I ran into a problem when I tried to match another pair of speakers with them. They drounded  out every speaker 
i ran until I found the La Scalas they have the same sensitivity so they don’t drown out the others 😁
A-I've seen clubs use LaScalas.  They can put out a ton of sound without too much power.
B-It's not the wattage that will blow a speaker, it's the distortion.  Your ears will bleed before those will blow.
C-I ran my Cornwalls with 100 watt Threshold and never pushed the power output.  10 watts was fairly loud.