How many speakers ouyt there are 100+ db sens.????

Just read some interesting on a "system' page and I myself thought at onbe time of juping into SET foray.Why not?My speakers (German Odeon Tosca'a) claimed senstivity was 95db so while I knew I couldn't handg with the 300B/2A3 crowd I bouyght a used Bel Canto with it's huge 845 tube.Boy was it a beutiful piec of machionery.Build qulaity to die for .I was so excited setting it up I almost wet myself.But then "sooooze" (Do I have an LP where main refrain is "snoooze"?).Anyway I ran back to my 40 watt push pull EL34 based EAR 834 integrated promptly but sadly.So while reading this thread a guy see that the system has 95db sens "Abby" (which by all accounts sound like an amazing value at $1200) I wonder about all this.Have thought about some Omega,Cain and Cain,Lowther,decware,bottlehead i.e. cheaper stuff for second system but am I going to find anything other than a 104db Klipsch to get where it should go????
Many thanks/Hope nobopdy is in the slammer because of holidays
Chazzbo
chazzbo

Showing 1 response by macrojack

Hemihorn,
You might want to add Zu speakers to your recommended list. They are rated at 101 db efficiency and have a nominal impedance of 12 ohms with a low of 8 ohms. These specification should be ideal for small tube amps I would think. Do you have experience or opinion to offer?