How many people here generally buy used?

Just curious. Most of my equipment I purchased new. My Firstwatt J2 was a demo that I swear was new. Outside of a DAC where latest tech may be desired, buying used (if a fair price) seems to be a great way to purchase something you normally would not be able to afford. Of course, condition, care of component etc needs to be taken into consideration

Thoughts?
aberyclark
I did buy my Harbeth Super HL5 Plus new, but I got a nice trade in (more than I paid for them) for my old speakers.  I have a couple of things I've bought refurbished, or open box.
Never have purchased a new piece of audio gear, or vehicle, and very little furniture. 
I dream of how the ballers live!
When I was young and over seas in the Air Force I got everything new and with a significantly lower income.  
I used a number of factors to determine if I purchase used or new, including: 

How good is the deal?  If used is 5% under new, I'll just go new.  If I can save 30-40% used I'll go for it.

How often does the product pop up on the used market?  If it takes a long time, I usually loose patience and buy new.

Does it have a lot of moving parts?  E.g. a complete turntable vs an amplifier.  If there are lots of bits that can break I will lean towards a seller with a decent reputation.

What is the state of the technology?  If it's a class A or AB amp vs a class D. I'd go used for the A/AB and new for D because that tech is still evolving.  DACs are a similar example.

Mark