How many NICE looking high end floor standing speaker are there at present

Hi, 
Sometimes when I dream, imagining of replacing my current 1997 Burmester 961 speakers, before maybe COVID19 is sending me to an early grave - I'm practically only stumbling on ugly often even like somehow crippled looking speaker creations.
Test will say, sounding fantastically gorgeous and - looking like 💩. 
This, or par tout looking like some or other children's coffin ⚰. 😥👻

Not for the life of it, can I imagine ever having some such 'creation' invading my daily living space. Ever.

Talking 'bout a BAD WAF situation, I say.

Some makers are trying to improve on this tragic situation with creations looking far too anatomical or something alien👾 fruit thing hanging off a tree... handle an' all. 

Is there no hope out there at all...? 🤔

So can one savely move on forgetting about a replacement, still in this here life, and saving the money 💰 ?

Well, the budget <= max 20k $ lets say, so I won't risk starving before the lockdown will end ever. 😱 

😘 M. 🇿🇦 
128x128justmetoo
@rmcole1
I was just thinking yesterday, NO ONE had mentioned CANTON speakers as yet. 
And there we are! 

Yes, must be my German DNA, — they do have something, who will want to argue? 

And the sound is beautiful too on that YouTube clip. 

From what I can see, their former more bland, butch appearance has improved in a way.
Or is this just my nostalgia speaking? 🤔 

🎂 for you bringing it up. 😊
Michélle 🇿🇦 
@taww

Violin playing or not playing,
I have to agree on your 'hard no'. 

Talking of alien 👽 looks, eish! 🙈 

Michélle 🇿🇦 

Michelle, as a retired audio consultant, I need to always place the sound quality of a speaker ( an entire system, actually ) before aesthetics. I have always maintained a separate, dedicated listening room, and my ex wife knew this of me when we met, and lived together, for 35 years. She knew what she was getting into. However, I do understand the combined audio room / living room situation, and how both the audio reproduction, and the visual aesthetic, need to be shared. This does not need to be compromising, although, as you are quite aware, can be limiting, in your choices. What I have found interesting, reading this thread, is how many posters, made speaker recommendations to you, without looking at your room photo ( panels, JBL 67000, etc. ) which would never work. Michelle, I have known, and helped, only a handful of female audiophiles, in my lifetime. I believe, you know what you like, and will prosper, with your next endeavor. Question for you. Have you ever set up your speakers, with the side woofers facing outward, rather than inward ? ( I understand Burmester recommends them facing inward, but in some rooms / set ups, outward can be better )....Enjoy !, and be well. Always, MrD.
Post removed 
@mrdecibel
Ah, a consultant in Audio matters,
meet Michélle, IT and Productivity Management consultant a.D. (außer Dienst).😉
Now to the question of outside firing side woofers.

Wouldn't I've tried that? Yes, of course and in all the room settings this speaker was used, this far three, all rather different, the result was - unlistenable. Why?

Bass looses focus completely, bearable with, um, two left ears? 🤔 🙈 😉

Seriously, no good. 
However, there might be room placements / situations that may work, none I'd encountered this far. 

But by all means, it IS a fair question to be asked. 

Lucky enough, the 961s don't weigh in at 100kg (actually only 36kg) so even a single female (with some gumption 💪) can move them about, just! 😅
How? 
One hand in front, one inside that handily placed rear bassreflex-port.

Done like a dinner.😋👍

And thanks again dear, for asking a salient question.

Michélle 🇿🇦