How make my Ayre system "warmer"?

Hello and happy christmas!

Please help to make How make my Ayre system "warmer".

My System:
Ayre K-5xe
Ayre V-5xe
Ayon Eagle (speaker with Accuton ceramic chassis)
Linn UniDisk 1.1
Cardas Golden Reference XLR
Shunyata Phoenix speaker cables

It´s a great system. It´s makes so many things very very good but it´s a little bid on the "lean" or "clean" side.

How can I change this to be "warmer" without loosing transparency and tonality and musical enjoyment? Other cables? Would be an K-1x as preamp a real step forward? Or an C-7xe as red book player. I love the Linn because he´s DVD playing is great (picture and sound).

Thanks!

Tom
tje

Showing 1 response by mb9061

Funny, I stumbled onto this post given I'm having the same problems. I'm in the same exact boat now as Tje. I just picked up a pair of Shunyata Andromeda speaker cables last week to try. I'm running all solid state (Benchmark Dac1 and a MF A5 integrated with Cardas Golden Reference 1/2 meter ICs. The Cardas were perfect with my prior speaker cables (Audioquest Bedrock), but now they're far too bright. I know my system is on the warm side with the MF amp, but the Shunyata speaker cables are incredibly neutral and revealing and when paired with the DAC1 it only bolsters those qualities. Going to try some other ICs, since when I throw on a pair of monster RCAs or some Tributaries RCAs I have sitting around, the problem is diminished at the expense of resolution.

Long story short, I'm going to take a guess and say the Cardas ARE NOT a good match with Shunyata speaker cables.