How low can we go with JITTER now?

I must say at the onset, I sincerely enjoy what I have now by way of Audio Quality…. BUT I feel I can move further on… I’m pretty sure.

Sooooo….. What is the least amount of JITTER which is audibly discernable? In other words, about where do we get to before we’re beating a dead horse on the JITTER issue? …and how do we know just how darn much JITTER we’re dealing with anyhow?

Would adding a word re-clocking device between a PC sound card and my DAC such as a Black Lion or some other, be the best path for improving upon my audio quality, or should some other aspect be addressed instead?

Say a Re-clocker is added, then there’s got to be another cable, more connections, more loss… greater chance of adding that stuff about HF interference… etc.

I’m bemused and confused as to which item (s) need the foremost attention though.
Sound card?
Re-clocking device?
Getting off the grid with a DC based upgrade for my BC DAC 3 TO THE NEW vb line?

Or all of the above?

Seeing a need for the ability to handle formats upwards of 24/192 I see two items of significant controversy in that appraisal.

1 Lessening JITTER… natch’
2 Providing for greater word lengths and bit rates into my DAC from my PC as only via it’s SPDIF; BNC; AES, inputs can I convert formats above 16/48.. ie., Sound card

Any thoughts on how you’ve moved along these avenues or any experience with stepping up the sound card ladder, or using RE-CLOCKING devices would be appreciated!

I can ill afford much more hair pulling! Thanks immensely.
blindjim

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Until you can not hear it. That is you, not some reviewer of dealer. The 'ears' rule.