How long does Tekton shipping take?

I ordered a pair of Tekton Ulfberht speakers in early August, they said shipping would be 10-14 days, and last i heard from them was in late August, they said they would contact me, and that there were 3 orders ahead of mine. I get that they are busy, but 5 months? Has anyone had to wait that long to get their speakers?
dawgfan90
The "real story" is this gentleman is an absolutely wonderful client! The order came in as a standard 7-10 day painted finish. Within a few days, he requested his speakers be upgraded to a high-end finish. We offer Ferrari, Lamborgini, Maserati, etc... matched colors; this client chose to take advantage of this. Understand this changes things for me just a bit since I personally paint, cut, buff, and polish all of the speakers ordered like this; I am also the president and CEO of a small company. This type of finish is very labor intensive and does take some time to produce all - it's well worth the wait. I have clients tell me all the time to take as much time as I need and I was under the assumption this client was in no rush for delivery. Everything is resolved and we're finishing his speakers up now.   

Eric Alexander- audio designer         
You base all this indignation and offense on a single claim, made by a single poster here, who just joined the forum yesterday, and has contributed nothing to the group but this complaint?

There are at least two sides to every story, and this one has a funny whiff to it
@cleeds I totally agree with your sentiments on this. I waited months for my Encores and knew it was going to take a long time, but I just waited patiently because I knew Eric was very busy. I also requested a polished custom finish as well and I wanted it done right.  It was well worth the wait!
gregb63
Most of you people are idiots!! Go open a company, build the best product you can and do it with no hickups...
No, the critics won’t do that - it would require labor and risk. It’s much more fun for them to come here and proclaim themselves a savior:
@kosst_amojan
It REALLY rubs my fur the wrong way to see people getting hosed and suckered. I HATE dealing with amateurs hocking themselves as professionals. It’s personally insulting. I will stand in a store and break managers down to tears while on the phone with corporate headquarters. I will go on social media and destroy a business wherever I find them for screwing me out of $200. I have NO problem speaking strongly against people who don’t act in a responsible, professional manner

that is a really helpful answer, Eric!

@tektondesign

"This type of finish is very labor intensive and does take some time to produce all ".

" I have clients tell me all the time to take as much time as I need and I was under the assumption this client was in no rush for delivery. Everything is resolved and we're finishing his speakers up now. "

Custom work does take time; that said, what time-frame should a customer reasonably expect for delivery of his/her speakers after placing an order for  this type finish?  Customers knowing that upfront seems a more reasonable approach and less possible aggravation for you and them versus the undefined "take as much time you need" , or the more problematic assumption on your part that you have an open ended time-frame.