How important is it for you to attain a holographic image?

I’m wondering how many A’goners consider a holographic image a must for them to enjoy their systems?  Also, how many achieve this effect on a majority of recordings?
Is good soundstaging enough, or must a three dimensional image be attained in all cases.  Indeed, is it possible to always achieve it?

128x128rvpiano

Boxer, if you're any kind of an audiophile, you have  adjusted you're speakers to the point where you have a good soundstage. This is the basis of "holography"; a good soundstage, once you get it, leave it alone.

Holography is based on "The propagation of sound". Since this is too complex for us to understand, forget about it, unless you can hire a professional to treat you're room. The sound waves in you're room is all we're dealing with, nothing more, nothing less.

Now, I have incredible holography; the kind that glues you to your listening chair until this is all you want to do. Each record presents something new and different, that also goes for each CD.

"Serendipity" the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way. "a fortunate stroke of serendipity".

I explained this (Serendipity) on another post, it is the reason for my incredible holography; a lot of luck can go a long way. As I stated, I did not touch my speakers, or change one single solitary component; but you must realize, I have been pursuing this for thirty years; that's when I first heard it, 30 years ago. That means I acquired the components that I knew could deliver holography.

What I didn't know, is that once that has been done, it's all about the room.
orpheus, I agree that speaker placement is a big deal in regard to sound stage reproduction. Spent many hours experimenting with them in the past. They are staying where they are at for now. System sounds great & I'm leaving the cloth over the art (the cloth itself is art so I'm not losing anything there) until I'm done evaluating it. 

Boxer, I have 2x4 styrofoam sheets taped to my sliding glass patio door that I bought from home depot, and it's working quite well; but as you know, room treatment was not the intended purpose.

I'm simply going to think "Styrofoam" for the time being and go from there. Thicker styrofoam covered in speaker cloth with a frame could be made attractive.
orpheus105,917 posts01-21-2019 12:29pm
I’m simply going to think "Styrofoam" for the time being and go from there. Thicker styrofoam covered in speaker cloth with a frame could be made attractive.

>>>>>>Styrofoam, the audiophile’s secret weapon! And so attractive! Who woulda thunk?

The best thing about holography is that you wont be interested in buying new records, that's because your old records will be new all over again.