How important is component “aesthetics” to you?

Obviously, performance, sound, etc is what matters most. However, some super fine, high performance products are just plain ugly. Aesthetcs does play an important role for me since we have placed a lot of emphasis on furnishing our home. 

Anyway, my search for a preamp has led me to the conclusion that ugly is more the norm. I love the look of glowing tubes with the Primalunas, mystere, Atma-sphere, Rogers, Decware, mapletree etc. In the solid state world, the macs have those famous blue meters. Even the “fake tube” older Peachtree components looked really nice. 

Just curious how “ looks” play a role when choosing components?
aberyclark
@aberyclark 

Check out upcoming Anthem STR Amplifier ($6K).  Not exactly a VU meter display but the next best thing. Reminded me of uber expensive display of T&A amps. 
Low on the list.....sound is paramount.    My amps for instance have no aesthetics , they are as plain as can be, have no fascia / front panel but sound fantastic.

Speakers are another matter ,  while obviously they have to sound great , its nice if they are attractive especially if you live with someone who maybe thinks the pursuit of good sound is dumb.....

My Revels are the first speaker in our 25 + years together she said were "pretty" so their aesthetics paid off i guess.....  I have had some ugly ones.......always kind of ignored the WAF , being fortunate to have two "family rooms"   

Sound is critical but looks help.  Op should look at Raven Audio they make some of the best looking and sounding tube amps that money can buy.  I have a Reflection Integrated MK2 tube amp that is a thing of beauty and outstanding power and sound.  I actually have it as a show piece and every time a guest comes into my house they want to know what that cool looking piece of machinery is.