How Important is 240hrz processing verus 120 Hrz?

Looking at new LCD's and think that LED is too pricey and Plasma makes sense on that point.But comparing latest releases from Samsung and Sony I notice some inpressive specs.Contrast ratios of mid level sets going from 50K to 1 to 100K to 1 in latest offers (also the new Blue Ray players to match have Wifi capable firmware updates from both companies though Samsung has Netflix connection).Anyway noticed for a bit more Sony has 240hrz processing.Not that I really understand the tech but can see a 120hrz improvement easily.Is doubling worth it?Other than these two LCD's maybe lower and Pioneer Plasma but that seems to be the tech to go for when your going big and deep and want best.But have really cheap $1300 set that was a good deal if you would go Plasma.But now a bit more for LCD which has gotten better seems way to go.Am I right?
Thanks
Chazz
chazzbo

Showing 1 response by vishalsfo

IMHO, not that important. Manufacturers are now in a realm of technology that's imperceptible to most humans. examples include contrast ratio of 1 million, 120 vs 240 hz and alike.

However, if you plan to kee[ yout tv for long , might want to shell out for LED TV for they are clearly superior to normal LCD in blackness.