How good's your hearing

Bet you can' beat my grandma's hearing, even she says "Class-D sucks".
http://krisdedecker.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/05/bat_phones.jpg

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Listen to a great FM tuner and you will see. Cut off at 15000, by design for other doodads doing stuff up there. Not only are harmonics lost, but so is directionality from frequencies we do not even hear, but that our brains sense and interpret.

Correct, my plasma tweeters which are spec’ed to 100khz, I can bring them in even higher at 15khz and still sense/hear them doing good things for the harmonics, air and transparency even though my ESL are said to good to 20khz

Cheers George
What I want to know is where can I get an ear cup hat like your grandmother is wearing?  Dare say it would help those of us who have hearing degredation.  May be the best tweak of all.  Just don’t let your buddies catch a look.

For what its worth on this subject:  recently purchased a digital DB meter for under $50 on Amazon to determine where my listening habits were at.  I’m 66 and have lost 20% in my R ear, mostly from hunting as a youth (left handed).  Experts suggest anything above 85 dB for more than 8 hours does permanent damage. I use it to max volume at/under 82db and limit time to 4 hours max.   Also religiously use ear muffs when operating power equipment.  Now its about preservation. 
As is so often the case, follow the money.   Ask yourself, does the individual bashing something need you to be convinced so he/she can sell you something else?   If their mortgage depends on their ability to make you believe what they need you to believe, you're better off getting  your guidance elsewhere.   And if they can't pay their mortgage selling you a Class D amp, well of course "it sucks".   But what they really mean is that it would suck if they had to live out of their car, so please believe what they tell you.