How good is the Artisan Fidelity Lenco 75??

Hello- I have a friend who is selling his Artisan Fidelity Lenco 75 with the Origin Live Conqueror MK3 tone arm??- Is this considered a good table/ arm combo - Getting back into vinyl and he highly rec. this unit- If I do get it what cart. used in the $2k range would you rec. for it
He also has a Joule-Electra OPS-1 with sep power supply he is selling- Is that a good phono pre-
thanks so much for the advice-
bopper
You could do a lot better than the Joule for a phono stage, especially at the asking price. Take a look at K&K Audio.
How would the Viva Fono be saw one for sale- viva products seem to get great reviews?- thanks
wawa2020

You can get the PTP Lenco for half the price  -

Well that is because the PTP Lenco is built using far inferior parts that most Artisan Fidelity Lenco models, plain and simple.

Example:

PTP Lenco - Aluminum Chassis and Motor Mount

Artisan Fidelity Lenco - Non magnetic Stainless Steel Chassis Plate and Non magnetic Stainless Steel Motor Mount (except DCHM).

PTP Lenco - thin Corian Plinth (Kitchen countertop material) very inexpensive.

Artisan Fidelity Lenco - Constrained Layer Damped Panzerholz and Multilaminated hardwood composite.  Very expensive material and labor intensive to build.  Solid Aluminum Magnesium Alloy for ~ 110lbs. Achates SE Lenco based idler drive plinth.

PTP Lenco - Finish - Average at best.

Artisan Fidelity Lenco - Finish - World Class.

PTP Lenco - Stainless Steel Main bearing housing and thrust pad and stock vintage Lenco Spindle.

Artisan Fidelity Lenco - Stainless Steel Main bearing housing and thrust cap with large bore hardened steel cnc ground main spindle with Sapphire bearing and ultra low friction copolymer thrust pad.  They even manufacture their own oil sintered bronze sleeve bushings with the correct viscosity oil for low rpm applications. 

PTP Lenco = Entry level aftermarket based Lenco of decent quality.

Artisan Fidelity = Depending on the model (DCHM, Achates, Achates SE) and custom builds, anything from entry level restored Lenco to end of the road world class level Lenco based idler drive models.   

bopper, you should ask the seller of the used $6k Artisan Fidelity Lenco (DCHM?), and OL arm what kind of custom options the table has.  ie., stainless steel sapphire bearing, stainless steel non magnetic main platter, Stillpoints, plinth type (Panzerholz), ect.  These are all important factors which you have not shared. 

I own the exact Artisan Fidelity Lenco 75. I have owned it for 3 years with a SME arm and it is a end game table for me.  I added the copper platter option after about a year and it was a dramatic change for the better. I have the Piano Black finish and it looks world class.  The price you are being offered is very fair. This will play with 20k tables. Enjoy it!
Bob thks- the one I got is also the piano black it to has the copper platter option- what cart. are you using- thks