How good are the Sony 9000es mods.?

I may trade for 9000es to put in a second system and wanted to hear from anyone who had one monified.
Tim
flemke

Showing 1 response by stehno

I own an unmod'ed s9000es and find it to be a nice unit that does much. I had spoken with Stan Warren of SuperMods on several ocassions. He went into much detail explaining why his $250 mod will provide a roughly 25% increase in sonic performance.

A friend of a friend who is an audio reviewer had his mod'ed by Stan and he claimed the increase was more like 40%. I don't know who this reviewer is but that's what I heard.

I was about to send my 9000es to Stan when I got laid off last September. I've since purchased a Sony SCD-1 which is a very nice unit. Clearly a step up in every category when compared to the 9000es. I still believe the 9000es is a very nice unit and plan on keeping it for movies.

Based on the build quality of the 9000es, on what I've heard about the mods, and who's doing the mod (Stan Warren is the co-founder of PS Audio), I wouldn't hesitate to have him modify the unit. Not to mention it's only $250.