how does it all work ?

I have always wondered how a movie theater system like IMAX works what kind of amplification, wattage, speakers & subs do they use is it a 5.1 like the dvd's. My system sony es 9000 pre/pro nad m25 b&w 804n fronts htm2 center klipsch rears sunfire sub sony es 9000 dvd/cd denon 5910ci dvd monster z3 speaker wires / interconnects monster htps 7000 line conditioner all in a 12x14 room. It's a all out blast on the senses but also quiet and detailed when you want to be. love it love it love it s much fun.
801d

Showing 3 responses by zd542

"02-16-15: Stringreen
If the end result is the goal, and you know what that goal is, then the components used is different for different goals. If you want theater shaking lows because of a bomblast on the screen, you don't pick an otherwise excellent speaker (Maggies?) that has a different purpose. Sometimes I listen to Spotify (as I'm doing now) using my 5.1 system ....its different and sometimes even more enjoyable than my big system."

You really sum it up nicely. Build the system to your own personal tastes. Its a simple formula that some people often lose sight of.
If someone were to do this, would you still recommend using the Bose speakers like IMAX does? For me, that would be a deal breaker. I can't listen to those things.