How does high-pass filter requirement affect system decisions?

I've been thinking about my Ayre AX-7e that drives my Vandersteen Quattro CTs (the AX-7e had the required high-pass filter installed by Ayre). Other than the obvious, how does that filter affect system choices?

For example, I'd assume the current-delivery requirements are reduced, the need to damp back-EMF is reduced, and perhaps the speaker cable characteristics change (since they are not carrying as much low-frequency, high-current information). Are massively overbuilt amplifiers really necessarily to bring out the best from the Quatros?
128x128nrenter
Agreeing with bdp24 above.  ARC, Ayre and McCormack are three brands that have often been associated with Vandersteens over time.  And yes, many Vandy dealers carry one of those brands.  I'm still struck by my interaction with Vandersteen 1ci and Quicksilver tube amps.  There was so much there there!
Interesting discussion.  I am awaiting delivery of a pair of Quatro CT and am beginning to evaluate my amplifier needs.  In fact I started a separate thread asking for advice on amp/preamp options with the Quatro CT.  I wish my Vandersteen dealer also carried Ayre as I am intrigued by this combo.  They primarily pair the Vandersteens with ARC amps.  As much as I am pre-disposed to SS amps, I am curious about the ARC REF 75SE.  I am thinking that 75 watts might be all I need...especially considering the high pass filtering will be relieving the amp of it's deeper bass duties.
Randyhat, Vandersteen recommends 40-200wpc for the Quatro's, so 75 should be in the sweet spot-especially if you are high passing to the subs.
I think one of the nice things about Vandy's is that they play well with a lot of equipment.
I am in transition to an Atma-Sphere amp and preamp with the Treo's. I never used tubes before, so this is going to be a new realm I'm entering. After 30 years, I had to give it a try.
@goheelz, the taper on the IEC end of the Pangea Audio AC 9 MKII power cable allows it to fit easily. The downside to this cable is that it's very heavy and not very flexible.
@randyhat given the rolloff required for the powered subs in the Quatros, the difference of a few 10's of Watts may not be a significant factor. I'm over in Flower Mound (and I set up my Quatro CTs on my own). Once you know the "tricks" it's pretty easy to do.