How do you see your system in five years from now ?

What is your strategy, what are you going to change, to upgrade etc. ?
I would like to improve my analog source. Hopefully will get tube phono stage, something like Allnic 1202, perhaps motor controller for my Nottingham Spacedeck, new cartridge. Upgrading speakers would be nice but then I would want to upgrade the electronics too right away, so probably no.
inna

Showing 1 response by musicfan2349

One nice thing about having my vintage tastes and components is that one is usually not attracted (distracted?) by 'the latest and greatest'. That said I have $pent the past couple of years on upgrading this and that, dipping my toe into streaming etc. But five years out? Hmmm...
What I see is finally getting my dad's (RIP) system from my mother. Yes, it's all 20+ years old but Jadis, VPI and B&W Matrix isn't anything to scoff at IMHO. What is more, my lovely wife has happily committed to me that our next home will have a dedicated audio room... Geez I love that girl.
So I see myself having two full systems in the same room, both my Acoustat/ARC system and pop's Jadis/B&W system. Oh and a very, very quiet ventilation system so it'll be cigar friendly too.
Happy listening.