How do you prepare for a record show?

I have one coming in my area within a week.

I gone through many shows. At first I just attended. Later, I had some sort of idea as to what I wanted. Later again, I had become more aware of what might be accomplished by having a strategy.

So, given my enlightened history, and taking into consideration your thoughts, how do you currently approach an upcoming show?

One thing I do is limit my spending by having a certain amount brought with me.

I do think that now, I need to narrow things down to original pressings from the UK and the like... mono vs stereo..?
I make a short list of interesting items and, "stick to it".

Any other thought?

128x128slaw

Showing 2 responses by ct0517

Slaw - My 2 cents.

IMO - buying used records at shows, stores, garages, sidewalks - is like buying tubes. You can never have enough copies of the good ones.

This means even if you go on a mission, with a list, a record in your head to get, and if you don't find it just come home.
What happens with me; If you find, come across another record you like in what appears to be good shape, you will buy it.

fwiw - 
I went to a private used record sale/show recently. They were in cardboard boxes, the records. I was looking for one, maybe two records.
I came home with a box full. When I got home and realized what had just happened, I called the guy back up and brought it all home.
So from my perspective you can not prepare.

don_c55

How do you prepare when shopping at used record stores?
How do you prepare when grocery shopping in a supermarket?

You will find usually everything you need and want at a supermarket and at competitive pricing.
Bring your phone - show them a competitors coupon and they will price match.
Stock up on apples and oranges. It is apples and oranges. imo.

boxer12
I don't really plan ahead. Mostly just smoke weed, put on patchouli, then head for the psychedelic section.

funny. 
Slaw

"ct0517
I came home with a box full. When I got home and realized what had just happened, I called the guy back up and brought it all home. ".

Very confusing?

Slaw - sorry for confusion. See here for more info.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/best-ways-to-organize-a-classical-record-lp-collection

If interested, the thread is asking for input and ideas.
If you can provide any feel free to contribute.