How do I remove the woofer from ads 300 speaker?

So I found a pair of ads 300s at the take it or leave it section of the dump...I mean solid waste disposal and recycling center... along w an NAD 2200.  The amp and one of the speakers work just fine, but the other appears to have a bad woofer.  No sound from the woofer (tweeter is fine) and when I gently push in on the woofer cone it scrapes a bit.  However I can't figure out how to get the darn thing out.  I removed the 4 screws folding the metal frame to the baffle, but no dice.  No apparent way to remove the terminal cup on the back either.  Google has been no help so far.  Any ideas?  
128x128swampwalker

Showing 2 responses by swampwalker

Thx, all; I got the driver out, which I needed to do to send for repair/rebuild. Surrounds are fine so my guess is voice coil needs to be replaced. I’ll be checking in w Richard So next.
For those who don't know this speaker they are small, metal enclosures w 5 1/4" mid-woofers and a 1" (I think) done tweeter. A little bigger than an NHT Superzero.  I have tried prying the metal frame of the woofer w a screwdriver and it's hard to even get one into the space between the frame and the baffle, let alone apply any leverage, but I have not tried jacking it out using machine screws or bolts.  That sounds like a possibility.  The speaker terminal cups have no discernible fasteners that I can see from the outside and tweeters are as firmly in place as the woofers.  Not sure bicycle size screw hooks will fit into the small woofer mounting holes, but I get the idea and I'll see what I can do.  Any other ideas appreciated.