How do I remove the woofer from ads 300 speaker?

So I found a pair of ads 300s at the take it or leave it section of the dump...I mean solid waste disposal and recycling center... along w an NAD 2200.  The amp and one of the speakers work just fine, but the other appears to have a bad woofer.  No sound from the woofer (tweeter is fine) and when I gently push in on the woofer cone it scrapes a bit.  However I can't figure out how to get the darn thing out.  I removed the 4 screws folding the metal frame to the baffle, but no dice.  No apparent way to remove the terminal cup on the back either.  Google has been no help so far.  Any ideas?  
128x128swampwalker

Showing 1 response by glennewdick

there are pullers made for this type of work you could probably get a cheep one at a tool supply shop. basically a center threaded rod with two or three small hooks to go in behind and you jack them out there is sizes from very tinny to huge so take a look may find something. also if you only get a little sound or scratching when you push in on the driver it sounds like a voice coil wire broken or fused and works only when in certain positions. if that's the case its junk and you will need to replace the driver or have the driver re built with new voice coils and surrounds.