How do I keep my cats off my amplifier?

Since my amplifier is too large for an equipment rack, I keep it on a seperate amplifier stand. There is nothing above it to keep my two cats from climbing on top when it is turned on, which they always do, attracted by the warmth. At first I didn't mind until my Rotel RMB-1095 Amplifier shorted due to a build-up of cat hair falling inside. Now my front right channel is gone. I just bought an Integra Research RDA-7 to replace it.
Is there a good way (short of the cat pound) to keep them off?
blakjava

Showing 1 response by sol322

Couple of alternatives the first is in the same thinking path of Onhwy61 make the surface less friendly: do you have any extra brass cones you're not using? Place them on top of the amp, try to leave little space for the critter to cuddle as a bonus you get mass loading too. Think Audiopoints ows my a beer for this one!
On the cheap get kids jacks and make a mine field for the cats choose any pattern you like , there you go hope your cats are not related to fakirs
Second one is to use a cat repellant there are some granules that can do the trick and also are "sonic" repellants you can also use....
How does this sound?