How do I get a speaker with the bass slam of my el cheapo ear buds...?

You know, the ear buds that come free with a Samsung smart phone. Was just listening to Brooks and Dunn’s My Maria over my Galaxy S8 and ear buds, and there is a nice drum track in there and it was nice, deep, slam to it. But if I connect the phone to my stereo system via analog inputs, I don’t get that slam. Do they boost the bass in these ear buds, or is my audio system not delivering the bass as it should?

Oh, and I also connected my phone to my car system via the AUX input and I don't get that kind of bass in the car either.
mtrot

Showing 1 response by jon_5912

I'd try something like the Fiio A3 portable headphone amp to see if you like that presentation.  It's only $60 so it's low risk and a reasonable match for what you're trying to do.  You could use it in the house or the car.  

Amazon description:
  • Suitable for headphones ranging from 16 to 150 Ohms. Gain switch for matching output to headphone power needs.
  • Superior sound quality through expertly selected components and design, utilizing OPA1642 preamp and AD8397 amp section.
  • Fully discrete bass boost circuit increases output by 3.5dB at 60Hz, with bypass when off.
  • Handsome all aluminum body and chassis is sturdy and shielding against EM interference.
  • 1400mAh internal battery powers for up to 16 hours of use.